Tuesday, September 13, 2011

My New (School) Year's Resolutions

I have made lots of resolutions since I started blogging. I wanted to run a half-marathon, and I did. I wanted to give up artificial sweetener, and I have (95% of the time). I have done stints as a vegetarian...stints (very short ones) without coffee...so what is it that I want to see happen this year?

In the abstract, I want health and happiness.
I want faith and growth and joy.



But abstract goals only come to fruition with concrete resolutions.

SO this year I want ...


More time spent with friends.

Weekly coffee dates with Chelsy, dinners with Abby, chats with my more distant folks (Danie and Erin and Meghan). I want to hang out with Lauren (knitting practice). Law school is finite, but I hope the friendships I have made here last.


Family Date Nights.
Once a week, I want to spend an evening without school books or cell phones. I want to watch fun movies, or go on walks. I want to eat ice cream (while it is warm). To enjoy the company of my hubs and the two crazy kids that we've been blessed with.

More time spent with Jesus.
Everyday-in His word. He has been teaching me about renewing my mind-being determined to know Him better, and not being ruled by my circumstances. I want to live in grace all the time, and live graciously toward others.

TRIPS.
(these might be a bit too out of reach, but I can dream)
I want to go places this year. Whether familiar (trips to K-ville) or new (NY??, Asheville, Seattle :), I want to go on road trips. It is one of my favorite things to do with Corey, and this year is the last that I will have 4 day weekends and no job requirements.

I have a feeling it is going to be a great year...

most images from pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment