Monday, September 12, 2011

NEW (School) YEAR's RESOLUTIONS!

One of the perks of being a life-long student is that you get a few extra fresh starts a year.
Most People only get one- January 1st. Generally, by January 31st, your dreams of a perfect beach bod along with your commitment to volunteer at the soup kitchen have dwindled, and sadly you don't get an extra dose of "new year" motivation for another 365 days.
But as a student...
 I get to start all over every May, August, and January!
As summer is fading and our new school year is in full swing- I'm making a nice new list of resolutions.
Being that this is my very last school year (technically, I am in 22nd grade...)
I feel like I need to work extra hard to stick with it.
Here are a two of my major goals:

1. Exercise (of course!)


The classic resolution. Since I got married last may I have put on an undisclosed amount of weight. I don't like it AT ALL and don't even have babies to blame for it yet!
The realization that grown-up metabolism is setting in is hitting hard, but is definitely motivating me to get in shape and stay that way!
PLUS- it's the last year I have free access to the WVU world class rec center- I don't know WHY it's taken me 7 years to figure out how awesome that is!

2. Spending Time alone with God


Maybe this one seems weird to you- but it is truly #1 on my list.
In my life, I've come to recognize that my relationship God is the most crucial, and the least maintained.
When I consider the fact that the Creator if universe is interested and willing to meet quietly with me and speak to my heart, I deeply regret the things I have put before him.
Each morning I am sitting quietly with my journal and my Bible and just listening for the truth and peace he never fails to deliver.
Here are 2 of the verses that have really spoken to my heart recently:

Psalm 139:14
"Wonderful are you works and my soul know it very well."

and...

Amos 5:21 & 24
"I hate, I reject your festivals, Nor do I delight in your solemn assemblies...Take away from Me the noise of your songs; I will not even listen to the sound of your harps. But let justice roll down like waters And righteousness like an ever-flowing stream."


Hope those words spoke to you heart like they did to mine--
and I hope that a fresh start finds you whenever you need it!

1 comment:

  1. LOVE this post!
    You are hitting on two of the most important things I am concentrating on, as well.

    I love time each morning- to read God's Word and journal, and drink some coffee. It really does set the tone for the entire day to follow!

    Love ya girl!

    ReplyDelete