Thursday, February 24, 2011

Final Catwalk

I am the last law lady to share a fashion post--
although I am SURE this is not the last time we will talk about fashion.

I am not going to lie. This topic made me anxious. Anxious to the point that I was texting photos of myself to my best friend Danielle asking her which outfit was more "me." That is a question I should know the answer to--because I should know "me" best. But the reality is that I am in fashion infancy. I spent most of my life in t-shirts, jeans and tennis shoes. (side note: while shopping I said "oh Corey I like that bag" and he replied "of course you do; it is gray and boring."--so you see my fashion sense is not very well developed yet :)

Over the last few years, though, I have had a chance to revamp my wardrobe--mainly because I shed enough weight that the old clothes didn't fit. So I have started experimenting (with the encouragement of my friends--thank you Lauren and Danielle) and trying to figure out what it is that I like-both aesthetically and actually on my body.

So in my process of figuring out what I like to wear, I have come to realize that I like things SIMPLE.
My outfit today embodies that (I think)
I am wearing...


dark, skinny jeans by NY&Co (but purchased at Gabes)
Off white top (Forever21)
Black short-sleeved cardigan (Gabes)
Scarf (mom--but I think it is from Target)
Red, rosette flats (Target)
Earrings (Forever 21)
Close up of the accessories


Pretty much any day of the week (unless I am going to work) I will have on skinny jeans. I like the way they fit and look. I have traded in tennis shoes for flats or boots--heels are still only on the horizon of my fashion world. Cardigans have become an essential part of my wardrobe--they dress up the T-shirts I love and keep me warm in the ice box of a law school in which I live. I also love sweaters. I keep colors pretty tame, because versatility is very important. And SCARVES. I love them. I used to make fun of people who wore them, but I take it all back. It is my accessory of choice-especially since I hate necklaces. Scarves also serve double duty as BLANKETS...

Chelsy tried to capture me wrapping up in the blanket, but I am terrible at photo-shoots.


this is the funeral parlor room--by Friday, the places to take new photos was dwindling--
at least the carpet matches my shoes.


And really who doesn't want to pose next to a needlepoint of the law school logo?

So that is a glimpse of my fashion world. I am not fancy. But that is me.

Until next week when the law ladies tell you what they are doing "currently"....

2 comments:

  1. Bravo, darling. :) Love the outfit - and though you may clasify it as simple, it's very chic... and most importantly, YOU! -xo

    ReplyDelete