Monday, February 21, 2011

What Are You Wearing Today- Law School Edition

Let's get real, law school is hardly just about the books.


How you can usually find me, between classes:

The fun part about coming into school each day is finding out- what are all of my cute friends wearing?

This week, each of us ladies will show you a peek into our school style.

Today is all about COLOR for me.
I am a huge fan of color, it doesn't take knowing me too long to figure that out.

I felt like I had hit a little winter slump for while. With the freezing cold temps and all of the snow we get in the mountains of West Virginia, I was feeling drab and uninspired.
I was falling into a rut of "safe" and "comfy", resorting to leggings with long tanks over, and boots almost every single day.
It was getting old.
The last few days of sunlight, coupled with a lovely little weekend away, and I feel like I'm BACK!

I'm usually not sure what I am  going to wear each day until I set foot into my walk-in closet. And yes, it is rapidly becoming stuffed to the brim- I propose a fashion swap with the other law ladies!
Anyways, today I noticed it was rainy and drab out, but not too cold.
I knew I needed some color in my life, to start out my week on a happy note.

*I started with yellow tights - I am loving yellow this winter!
I think these are from a random stop into Gap.

*I then added a simple purple dress from Forever 21, I really like the cut and fit of it.

*The shoes are brown low heels from Target. 
I got these a year or so ago, and simply love the way they look with vintage style dresses and skirts.
I liked them so much that I picked up a pair in blue too!

*The cardigan I put over top is from Forever 21.
I lovelovelove cherries.  They have a special place in my heart, and are even the first tattoos I ever got.

*The scarf is a vintage find from Value Village. 
I am such a scarf girl. They can really add an extra bit of cuteness to any outfit.

*I also added a scarf around my purse. This is another vintage find, from this weekend, antiquing in Flatwoods.


*For accessories, I piled my wavy locks into a bun. When it's rainy out, there really is no controlling my jungle woman hair :)

And I was excited to get to wear my new charm bracelet, which I found antiquing with my man this weekend.




Overall, I would describe my style as eclectic and colorful, with pops vintage.
I love mixing adorable vintage finds, such as dresses and scarfs, with bargain pieces from Forever 21, Target and H&M. I get a kick out of seeing how fun I can make dressing, and often times that includes searching many different places for the cutest look.
Also, I am not a fan of buying something simply for the brand name. Just because you spend a lot for something does not make it any better!
I do splurge on certain staples, such as Hunter Boots, which I have loved this winter, Nike Shox running shoes, dresses from French Connection for events, etc...
Other than that, I am happy to mix and match pieces and add in chunky and funky accessories for a look all my own.
I almost never wear pants, except for leggings, which I love.
I lean towards colorful or patterned tights, ladylike cut dresses and high waisted skirts, and tons of scarfs and various accessories.
I collect vintage charm bracelets, Essie and Opi nailpolish, and cute vintage pins.



I hope you enjoyed a look at a day of my law school fashion.
Stay tuned this week for each of the Law Ladies, and their outfits and personal style details!
This is going to be so much fun :)


XOXO, Jessica from Crafting Happiness

1 comment:

  1. No one can stand against Baron Zemo!!!

    http://bit.ly/baronzemo

    ReplyDelete