Sunday, February 27, 2011

Currently...

This week each blogger will write about what is currently happening in their life. I am looking so forward to seeing what each law lady will post about! I don't get to see many of these girls on the regular because we are all up to our ears in the never ending sea of law school related tasks.
*cough cough weneedanotherdinnerpartysoon cough cough*

Reading


The Year of Living Biblically is the tale of A.J. Jacobs's quest to live one entire year while trying to follow the Bible's multitude of rules as literally as possible. As you can imagine, the author gets into some pretty interesting situations. I have really enjoyed reading this book, it is both funny and full of interesting Bible trivia.

Watching

How I Met Your Mother is in its sixth season but I just discovered it this year. It is a sitcom about a group of friends living in New York City. The group is comprised of a couple, two people that used to be a couple, and a playboy. The group dynamic makes for some funny situations. The show doesn't take itself too seriously and there have been some pretty wild story lines. I have found that an episode or two after a long day of serious law school business really helps me decompress.


I am absolutely obsessed with this Showtime original. The United States of Tara is funny, touching, and unpredictibile. It is a story of Tara, a suburban mom to two teenagers and suffers from Dissociative Identity Disorder. She has a multitude of alternative personalities ranging from a 16-year-old party girl to a 50's housewife. Some of the personalities are shown in the above graphic. If you are looking for a new show to watch and have Showtime or Netflix I highly reccomend this one. WARNING: you will be addicted.

Eating

We made pulled pork barbecue last week for the first time and it was delicious. We followed this recipe with a few modifications (nixed the cloves and added some brown sugar.)



Yesterday's warm weather had me craving ice cream. This little treated helped satisfy my craving AND not feel guilty about having ice cream at 10pm! Seriously, 150 calories of heaven!

Dreaming about

If you have checked out my blog recently you will notice a new countdown on the sidebar. That's right, I will be in Mexico in 20 day's time! I constantly have the sun, sand, and surf on the brain!

Listening to




Both of these great songs have popped up on my Pandora lately.

Wearing

Cardigan: Forever21
Tshirt: JCrew
Belt: American Eagle
Jeans: JCrew
Boots: Forever21




Earrings, rings, bracelet: Silpada
Watch: Forever21



"Mauve" from Forever21's beauty line.

Hope you have enjoyed a peek into my life at the moment!

Lauren aka LuxLucy

No comments:

Post a Comment