Monday, April 4, 2011

Diet Mt. Dew and Friday Night Lights

Our THEME this week is:

"FAVORITES"

 ~Or~

Things You Can't Live Without


The first thing that I cannot live without is:

Diet Mountain Dew!!

I have a serious, serious problem.  I CANNOT live without this stuff.  I have tried many, many times to give it up.  Usually, at least once a week, I say to myself: "NO MORE!!!" But I go back again and again!  My whole mood shifts if I am unable to get to a diet mt. dew.  
It has honestly taught me to be more sympathetic towards people with drug or alcohol addictions, because how can I expect them to just get over an addiction that strong, when I can't give up this one drink!?!?  
I happen to be ones of those people who completely believes that the food industry is corrupt and is causing us to be addicted to their food 
(Watch Food Inc., Supersize Me, or read Skinny Bitch)
and, unfortunately, the Pepsi company has got me!

My second favorite thing that I cannot live without is BOWS:




I grew up loving frilly, ruffly, lacy, feminine things.  I never directly identified my love of bows until I began watching "Gossip Girl" and was introduced to Blair Waldorf.  

Blair quickly became my fashion role model.  She is an icon.  And she LOVES bows.  For the first couple of seasons, she wore a bow headband everyday.  I loved the look and began collecting bow headbands, which grew to bow socks, bow earrings, bow necklaces, bow rings, bow tights, bow printed dresses, etc.  The collection has come to have a much more sentimental meaning to me throughout the years, and I make it a point to wear at least one bow piece everyday!

(SIDENOTE:  Bows are MUCH better than my high school obsession, Zebra Print.  In high school and most of undergrad, my room was decorated completely in zebra print and every thing anyone ever bought me was zebra print.  I am very happy that I have moved on to bows!)

Finally, the last and most important thing I can't live without is my friends.  They are amazing, inspiring, beautiful, kind, giving, understanding, I could go one forever.  I feel that as I get older, I am reminded more and more everyday that what most makes me "ME" is all the wonderful people I get to share my life with!


 (Tommy)
 (Miss Potter)


 (Krystle)
 (Jess Poole)
 (Lovely ladies of the law!)


 (Molly Anne AKA Sister Wife)


2 comments:

  1. Awww you are my favorite too :)
    Great job on this post- very entertaining!
    And VERY Ambria!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, YOU have given up your zebra obsession. The people around you (your mother, sister and aunt tam) have not quite been able to move on so easily.....we will always associate you with anything zebra :)

    This is NOT Gary.

    ReplyDelete