Sunday, April 17, 2011

My Summer Plans

Can you tell it is almost finals? The law ladies are all scrambling around-no one knows who is posting when... our brains are slowly being taken over by the various courses we are in.

ANYWAY...

My summer is going to mainly be spent here...

I work for a mid-size firm in Morgantown called Bowles, Rice, McDavid, Graff & Love LLP. I love it there. I love the people. I love the work. I love the laid back atmosphere. So 12 weeks of my summer will be spent writing memos, researching legal questions and HOPEFULLY researching title.
I am a property geek. I love going to the record room and figuring out who owns what in a parcel of land. It is rewarding for me to make a chain of title--basically a map from owner to owner. Last summer I also got to participate in mediations, foreclosure sales, and various client meetings. Working for Bowles also means some fun road trips.This year, Charleston and Martinsburg will be the field trip destinations, but I also get to go on a zip line at some point (YAY).

Other plans are still up in the air. Corey and I said no vacation this year, but he is already itching. We've done cruises in the past, but I think we are going to branch out this year and hit up some fun cities.
First on our list is NYC... I have never been.
DC is an alternate. But who knows, he was researching flights to Clearwater last night! We will also throw some fun family trips to the Pittsburgh Zoo and Idlewild in there to round out the summer!

It's my last "summer break" and I hope we can live it up a little :) Cause pretty soon I will just be a grown up who goes to work everyday! Although I do kind of love having a desk with a nameplate!

No comments:

Post a Comment