Thursday, April 14, 2011

Seoul Summer . . .

Hello Everyone!  

I am SOOOO excited to tell everyone about my summer!!!

I am doing a study-abroad program in South Korea!



I will be in Seoul, South Korea for 3 weeks and will be taking a trip to Shanghai for a few days. We will also be taking mini-trips to the DMZ, small villages, etc.


We will be studying International Business Transactions and Comparative Human Rights on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays.    The rest of the week, we will be exploring and learning the culture!


 (I really want to go to a traditional Korean home that looks just like this!)

I can't wait to have photos of my own to share!!!


*** Also, I wanted to share a quick little story about how small the world really is!  One of my best friends was supposed to be going on this trip with me, but she got a job offer in Charleston and is now unable to go.  I was feeling quite apprehensive about taking this trip where I would not know anyone.    
So, last Saturday at the new student luncheon, a girl sat down at my table.  As we started talking, I found out she had went to high school in Korea and was going to be there this summer, at the same time as me and less than an hour away!!!!  I am SOOOO excited about this!  We exchanged information and she ever told me she would take me to a Korean amusement park!!!!


1 comment:

  1. Ahhh!! Super jealous!!! My mom is Korean and I have been dying to visit South Korea. A friend of mine teaches English in an elementary school there as well which is something I'd love to do one day. Have fun!!

    ReplyDelete