Friday, April 1, 2011

Spring Break is an Evil Mistress . . .

For 10 glorious days, there are NO obligations . . .

No time you have to be up everyday. . . 

No mandatory reading, only reading for  pleasure . . .

No fear that you might get called on in class and made to look like a complete moron who is absolutely insane for believing they will actually ever accomplish ANYTHING after law school!!!!!!

I say Spring Break is an evil mistress, because it gives us a taste of a life that we never truly get to have.

I want my whole life to be sleeping in, reading for pleasure, spending days with my friends, watching good movies, shopping, taking long walks outside on the first days of spring . . .

THIS is what I did on Spring Break.

Now, I just want to do this everyday!!!!!!!



Now, for a serious rundown of the ol' break:

Friday - drove to Huntington, my hometown. The place of my birth.

Saturday - Family Day!  My Mom, sister and step-dad came in from South Carolina.  We had all had birthdays (except my sis) since the last time we saw each other, so we had a dinner (our favorite local pizza place, very one of a kind) and birthday cake.  My mom got me a Kindle for my b-day, which I was really excited about!

Sunday - Church with my best friends, dinner with the family.  After dinner, I drove up to Charleston to spend some time with the Poole family and go to Mountain Stage to see Ra Ra Riot!!!  They are one of my favorite bands.  I saw them a few years ago when they had just released their first album.  They opened for Death Cab and we talked to them after the show.  When we saw them this time, we got to chat with them again after the show.  They are such a cute and stylish band!


Monday - Wednesay:  These were my favorite days!!!!!  I have two best friends in my hometown who I love like family.  When I am in Huntington, I always stay at my bff Krystle's house, and it is just about my favorite place on earth.  It is where I feel most at home.  So, I relaxed!  I slept in.  When I would get up, I would go over to my other bff, Jess Poole's house, and spend time with her and my newest best friend, her 5 1/2 month old daughter, Piper.  Piper is the happiest baby that I have ever met!  She smiles and laughs and plays all day! We would grab the stroller and go walk around the cute little Barboursville neighborhood where she lives.  We took Piper on her first Target trip! 
(Yes, I cut myself out of this photo.  Trust, you would have to if you were me!!!!)

 In the evenings, I would get dinner with Krystle, her husband Jamie, and their 7 month old, Malakai.  Malakai is the most active little boy I have ever seen, I am so proud of him!  On the day he turned 6 months, he started crawling all over.  Now, at 7 months, he can pull himself up till he is standing, but he is not strong enough yet to stand on his own once he gets there!  After Malakai went to bed, we watched great movies, such as the Fighter.  

Thursday-Sunday were spent catching up on work, cleaning my apartment, and getting rested up to face the rest of the semester! Overall, quite an enjoyable week!

No comments:

Post a Comment