Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Currently . . . It is my BIRTHDAY!

I am a LEAP YEAR BABY!!!

Which means I didn't get a birthday this year, so . . .
I have been celebrating all week!!!!!


Tonight, my lovely friends Sarah Lackey and Chris Hawthorne are taking me to dinner to celebrate with me!!!

SO, the theme for this week is so fun!
I always love to share what I am currently reading, watching and enjoying!


READING


I LOVE Russell Brand.  LOVE.
For one, I love British humor.  
I also love intelligent humor.  
And, I am not sure if most people realize this, 
but Russell Brand is a genius!
(And Sexy Too!!!)




LISTENING


Just got the new Adele album . . . I'm into it!!!


Currently my favorite song on the album
is "Someone Like You"





WATCHING

I have always loved television.
Growing up as an only child, TV characters were some of my best friends. 

I haven't started any new shows recently due to the hectic schedule of law school, but I am still really into Gossip Girl, Grey's Anatomy, Glee and Modern Family.

One underrated show that I love is Parenthood.


It is a great story about a large family and all of their complex relationships.  
Lauren Graham, pictured above, plays one of the Braverman daughters who has recently moved herself and her teenage son and daughter back into her parents house.
Her sister, Julia, is a character that is close to my heart.  She is an attorney with a perfect stay-at-home dad for a husband who is trying to get pregnant with her second child. 
There is often resentment from her husband that she is out being the bread winner while he is stuck at home, and I think this is a very apt description of what a lot of female attorneys face when they are married to men outside the profession.

Another huge story line that is tackled on Parenthood is Asperger's.  The oldest Braverman has recently discovered that his son has Asperger's and it is a very moving story line to see how they handle his treatment and telling him about his condition.  

All in all, I think this is a great show and everyone I know of that has started watching it has really enjoyed it!

From Netflix . . .

I just received "Paradise Lost,"  the original documentary about the
 West Memphis Three.  
They are 3 teenage boys who were convicted of murder and raping young boys in a ritualistic sacrifice. 
Although the jury was convinced (the boys were considered Satan worshippers and judged harshly on that in the deep south), there is a GREAT deal of evidence pointing to the innocence of these three, including recanted testimony by "witnesses", jury misconduct, and new DNA evidence.


The reason I feel so strongly about this case is that one of the boys, Damien, was 18 when tried and, consequently, was sentenced to death.  Nothing in the world disturbs me more than the idea of an innocent person being put to death for a crime they did not commit.
This is a story that my friends and I have been talking about a lot lately, and while I have read about their  case extensively on their website, I have not yet seen this documentary and I can't wait to watch it!

I would love to do a longer, more in depth post on this story in the future!

Last, but not least . . .
I currently have three papers to work on for three separate classes, which will be consuming all my time for the next several weeks!  I WILL take time out to watch this documentary that I have been dying to see and to eat brunch and have a lovely girly date with some friends on Friday, but my next few weeks will not be as fun as my last few have been, that is for sure!

Thanks for letting me share with you all!!!

Love, 
Ambria 
Monique

No comments:

Post a Comment