Thursday, March 31, 2011

My Spring Break was...

ballin. (is that still cool to say?)
well- regardless- it was:)
I kept referring to it as "the christmas break we didn't have"
Christmas Break was fine-- but we packed it sooo tight with trips and visits that we never rested. We had car troubles and first-christmas-married troubles and on top of it all- you still have the stress of an enitre semester looming not so far ahead of you.
ick.
but SPRING break, mmmm:) much better.

i wish I had pictures to share with you but, lo, my camera was out of order until very recently. so words will have to do :)

march 18- last minute dinner with very dear friends- such fun!

march19- My birthday, but MUCH more importantly- Jason and Becca's wedding day!!



I literally forgot it was my birthday til Mom called to wish me a happy one. 24 must be old :) Jason is in Jonathan's 1L class and we have grown very close to them over the psat year. We felt so honored to be a part of theit big day. Their wedding was in Amhurst, VA, so we had a looong drive. But things worked out perfectly- I have family in Beckly, WV which served as a half way point. After the wedding, we headed to Beckley and were finally able to spend some quality time with them. We even got to meet their little girl Bella for the first time! We couldn't have had nicer weather to drive in and we spent the entire 700 miles just talking and laughing. It was such a beautiful reminder that I am married to me best friend. We never even got around to turning on the radio:)

march 20- we headed home from Beckley and went out for my Birthday dinner at Olive Garden. I got to open my presents from my darling husband and share a lovely evening at home with him.

march 21-march 24- we slept in every day and reveled in our empty schedule. We had dinner with the Smith's on Tuesday, lunch with Cole and home group on Wednesday, dinner with Bogroff's on Thursdays. see? I didn't even have to cook!

march 25-27- we spent the last weekend of break with my family. Dad cooked 4 turkey's on the spit (2 of which are still in our fridge--whole.) I got to spend saturday with my 2 best friends from home, one of whom is getting married in October! we went to look at wedding venues and had a lovely time. Then the fam went out for yummy wings at DJ's- these wings are the only thing  that Weirton is famous for :)

ok...i know it doesn't sound relaxed- but it WAS. it was perfect. I felt like I really needed to get away from school and work for a little while. I feel like spring break gave me the jolt I need to get through the rest of this semster, and then, before we know it-

it'll be SUMMER again!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment