Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Currently...

(and for QUITE some time now... )
I've been reading Steinbeck's "East of Eden"
For those of you who were forced to read "Of Mice and Men" in high school,
I implore you to give Steinbeck a second chance.
The book is a hardy one and is taking me some time to get through,
but I consider it to be well worth the effort.


The "Hole in our Gospel" was recommended to me by both parents (who NEVER agree on a book!)
so it got my attention.
This blurb from Amazon does a better job at explaining that I would:

More than half the earth's population can't find work, feed their families, or secure adequate housing. How can we better care for the neighbor next door---or the woman across the planet? In The Hole in Our Gospel, Stearns explores Jesus' call to love our neighbors and shows you how to use your time, talents, and money to heal a broken world.

I've also been reading Romans.
Here are some verses that have really challenged/blessed me:

But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.
Romans 5:8

Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus.
Romans 8:1

No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers,  neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
Romans: 8: 37-39

Ok...so I'm doing a lot of reading.
but when I'm not reading, I'm currently listening to Crystal Bowersox Farmer's Daughter
It's bold, heartfelt, genuine, and- in the words of Cole-
her voice is like butta.


in addition to these books/albums- here are some other things i'm currently into:
(some I have, and some are just on my wish list!)



Can't wait to see what Cole's into tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment