Thursday, March 17, 2011

I'll admit it...


...this week's topic scared me a little.
You see... I live and work and learn amongst very goal-oriented people.
Law school is full of mini-lawyers with 5, 10, 20 year plans.
full of people with connections and money and confidence.
full of people who know exactly how they got here and, more importantly,
where they are going.

but me?

i just don't know...

and that's SO much more than ok :)

I don't know quite how i came to law school in the first place...
but I know that the Lord brought me here.
and I don't know where I'm going to end up 5 years from now...
but I know that the Lord will take me there too.

He's never abandoned me. He's never left me to my own plans {thankfully!}
In fact, usually when I think I have a plan or a goal or an agenda-
he flips my life upside down and takes me somewhere
entirely new.
entirely fresh.
entirely better.

I have lots of things I'd like to accomplish. But my really important goals, the ones that my heart returns to when life gets crazy or pressure is building are found in Micah:

"And what does the LORD require of you?
To act justly
and to love mercy 
and to walk humbly with your God."
Micah 6:8

So for now, ladies and gentlemen, my goals are as simple as that:)

<3 Chelsy

No comments:

Post a Comment