Thursday, March 3, 2011

Currently...


I am reading...criminal procedure. Mainly because I finished the second book by Stieg Larsson and I have a memo due in 10 days. When the memo is finished and I have purchased the third and final book, I will currently be reading that book (which is WAY better than criminal procedure). I also started reading a new blog called Mommy Wants Vodka. I have to be careful because I tend to laugh out loud - so reading during class is dangerous. She is hysterical-I recommend it highly!
I am watching...too many shows. In the comedy category, I am currently loving Modern Family (and Community, and Parks and Rec, and 30 Rock). Drama? I am currently watching Grey's and Private Practice--although I will admit that I am not loving either as much as I used to. I need a new drama. I have been catching Southland with Corey too and it is pretty awesome. But I miss ER.

I am listening to...Gregory Alan Isakov, This Empty Northern Hemisphere (or what Corey calls Melancholy Depresserson music). It is pretty mellow. But his voice is OH so lovely and the music captivates me! Every time he would come up on my Mumford and Sons Pandora station, I would say "Oh I like this song." Eventually it became apparent that I just needed to own the whole album. Listen to this song--it is my fav.

I am wearing...some of my favorite things. Shirt is Forever21, skirt is Gap (but the Gap in Austin TX so WAY cooler than other Gaps), boots are from Gabes and one of the best purchases I have made all year. (PS--Danielle, please explain why my legs cannot assume a normal position when taking photos :)


I am eating...vegetarian. At least until Saturday-at which time I plan on eating something with bacon on it. Sorry to real vegetarians who are now appalled. But I have really enjoyed the experience of trying new recipes and adding some easy and delectable dishes to our repertoire. My favorite new dishes are Roasted Butternut Squash and Ricotta stuffed Shells and a made up marinara with whole wheat pasta and asparagus. Both recipes are on my personal blog here.











I am loving...the little things that make this crazy life bearable. Night time TV time with the kiddos. Home dates with the hubs. Coffee. Long runs in sunshine. Keeping up with faraway friends via blogs and texts :)

Tune in tomorrow to see what Jess is doing "currently" :)


No comments:

Post a Comment