Sunday, March 20, 2011

Goals, Goals, Goals

It's my turn to chime in on the topic of GOALS.
I must admit, I can sometimes be TOO focused on this area, and I have a list of goals for each and every area of my life going at all times.
I like to update it once I reach my old goals, and set new ones. I am also constantly reassessing my life, and searching for areas where positive changes can be made.

That being said, I will share just a few of my goals with you today.

The first of which being:

TO BE PRESENT IN THE MOMENT.


This is a huge one, especially for my spiritual practice.
I am a student of the Self Realization Fellowship, and believe in meditation, yoga and positive thinking as components of the path to a happier life, and higher enlightenment.


I also want to focus on having faith, and not being a "worry wart."
Things will either happen or they won't, whatever is meant to be will most certainly be.
This is a practice that I must stay active at, in order to get better at.
I know I can do it!

In terms of other more specific goals, I have different categories.

In school- I want to graduate law school next May. This summer I will take some classes in Charleston, while my boyfriend studies for the bar. This will give me a chance to lighten my load for next year.
I will also be part of the Entrepreneurship Law Clinic next year, which means that I will help provide low-cost legal services for entrepreneurs, small businesses, and nonprofits seeking to form or grow a business in West Virginia. Due to my own business goals, this is something I am incredibly passionate about, and thus excited for.

In Work- I hope to continue growing my personal blog. I also want to launch a lifestyle and local living blog, and concentrate on this endeavor post-law school graduation.
I also want to become more involved with local style projects, hopefully owning my own store one day and styling business as well.

In Friendships- I hope to continue carving out some time for dinners out, coffee dates, etc. It is very hard since I have been oh so busy lately, but my friendships are something that I will simply NOT compromise on. They really do mean the world to me!

In Fitness- I want to continue making time to work out, around 5- 7 days a week.  This includes 1-2 hot yoga classes a week, running, and lifting weights at the gym.
When I am committed to my fitness, I feel best.
There is no short cut.

In Health- I want to continue with a regular sleep schedule.  This means not staying out too late on weekends, and then sleeping in super late. I got up at 8 am this morning, and will feel great all day for it. I like feeling tired at night, and being able to get a full nights sleep.
I also want to continue drinking a lot of water each day, and eating healthy.
Little treats, like fro yo and cupcakes, will be allowed :) Of course!

In Love- I want to continue having faith and hope, and being present in the moment.
My mantra is
"Calm consistent love."

~*~*~*~*
Those are just a few of my goals for now.
I hope you can relate, and that you are working toward some great goals of your own.
I love being surrounded by motivated, positive, inspiring women.
The Law Ladies are great for that :)

Stay tuned for many more great things!
We are just getting started over here :)

No comments:

Post a Comment